Requirements to Apply and Criteria
Following are the minimum requirements to Apply for the Spiritus Scholarship Award. Satisfying these requirements does not guarantee that you will receive the Scholarship Award. There are many considerations for applicants including the “spirit” or attitude of the student, community service, and extra curricular activities as well as the application essay.
In order to apply for the Spiritus Scholarship Award you will need to:
- 1) Graduate in good standing from Mendenhall High School
- 2) Be accepted to the University of Mississippi
- 3) Have graduated with at least a 3.2 GPA
- 4) Have scored at least a 21 on the ACT
- 5) Have completed within the time frame allotted the application for Financial Aid through the financial aid office at the University of Mississippi. This step must be completed whether you qualify for financial aid or not
- 6) It is not required but is recommended that qualifying students apply for the Gates Millennium Scholarship.